Learn to Dive with Dive Lord Howe. The Island's lagoon and outer reef provides a brilliant site to learn to dive
A world wide certification that permits you to dive to a maximum depth of 18 metres. The open water course can be delivered at flexible times during your stay on Lord Howe Island. We offer a personalised course, where numbers are kept to a minimum, allowing more time with your Instructor.
A minimum of 3 days is required. Complete your Open Water Course theory online with PADI's interactive online eLearning.
Due to limited internet access on Lord Howe Island, students must complete all theory components online prior to arrival.
- You must complete a Diver Medical Participant Questionnaire prior to beginning the course. You may be required to seek a physician's approval if you are predisposed to, or have any of the conditions listed.
- You must be able to swim for 200 metres unassisted
- You must be at least 10 years of age (for students 10-15 years age a Junior Open Water Certification is issued with restricted depths). This meets NSW standards
- Parent or guardian permission is required for all students under 18 years
Due to our geographical isolation, it is highly recommend that you complete a Medical Examination (in the Australian standards dive medical AS4005). It is recommended you complete this prior to arrival, however it can be done on the Island with prior arrangement. Please note that anyone with a history of asthma will NOT pass a diving medical prior to undertaking (and passing) a bronchial provocation test (BPT). The Lord Howe Island Family Practice are unable to provide this test on island and so it should be arranged prior to travel.
- eLearning access
- Gear Hire
- Confined water training
- 4 x Open Water Dives
Special Instructions when checking out
- Please provide your D.O.B
- If purchasing more than one course, we require a separate email address for each person